Position: HEAD OF AFFLUENT SEGMENTS
Location: Absa House – ABTBring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
• Responsibility for implementation of the agreed Premier and Prestige strategy in Tanzania, driving and delivering exceptional business performance through powerful leadership of the regional Head of Segment.
• To interpret and communicate overall Prestige Strategy into implementable short-term steps.
• Responsible for the overall performance of Premier and Prestige Segment in-country
- Responsibility for implementation of the agreed Premier and Prestige strategy in Tanzania, driving and delivering exceptional business performance through powerful leadership of the regional Head of Segment.
- To interpret and communicate overall Prestige Strategy into implementable short-term steps.
- Responsible for the overall performance of Premier and Prestige Segment in-country
Main accountabilities and approximate time split
Providing Powerful Leadership 40%
- Build, develop and motivate high performing teams committed to achieving success through each other
- Ensure that your Managers are developed to achieve their maximum potential whilst also coaching them to build their awareness of the strengths/development needs of their people
- Effective resource management/planning that reflect current and future business requirements – ensuring the correct balance of numbers, skills, and experience of your people
- For all direct reports, agreeing challenging performance objectives and measures providing regular feedback and honest assessment on achievements
- In the way you lead daily, be a role model for your people – doing things wholeheartedly, communicating with passion and enthusiasm, embracing change as a way of working
- Creating an empowering environment for your people encouraging individual ownership, initiative, and challenge of the status quo
- Pursue your own development to increase personal effectiveness acknowledging strengths and areas for development
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
- In – depth understanding of the full range of Premier/Prestige product set, Small Business Services, and an overview of Corporate.
- An understanding of technical support systems e.g., Brains, Winfos.
- Good understanding of BARAF Risk Policy and Group governance requirements.
- Detailed understanding of Premier/Prestige Strategy, operating structure, and interface with other functions
- Good understanding of Absa Africa Group structure and interfaces with other functions
- Knowledge of the Absa Africa people policies and procedures.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of competitor and market activity in local cluster
- Graduate calibre with circa 7 years experience in business management.
- Business Management experience of a distributed channel; circa 3-5 years
- Experience of managing large teams
- An understanding of the Personal High Value Clients’ needs in the East African marketplace
- Basic understanding of investment banking techniques and products
- Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
MODE OF APPLICATION: APPLY ONLINE